- Polycarbonate Resistant Frame
Curvature for maximum wrap around fit
UV Protected Lenses BS EN ISO 12312-1:2013
Filter Category 0 (clear glasses)
- Shatterproof and scratch-resistant polycarbonate lenses
- Available in +1.0 to +3.0 strengths in .50 increments
- Weight: 2 oz (60 grams)
- Suitable for Sports or Workplace
- Tested to BS EN 14139:2010
These fabulous Utility Bifocal Glasses will give you protection whilst working outdoors.
It is important to know that not all lenses provide complete protection. One has to check the glasses’ quality and provenience to be sure to have the right protection. Five categories are defined, for coloured, photochromatic and sunglasses lenses. Each category corresponds to a minimum level of UV protection. The wearer must verify the pertaining category and indications for use.
- CAT 0 (transparent or slightly coloured lenses)- [80-100% transmission] Use: Inside or overcast skies.
- CAT 1 (Slightly coloured lenses) – [43-80% transmission] Use: hazy sunshine.
- CAT 2 (Medium coloured lenses) – [18-43% transmission] Use: medium sunshine.
- CAT 3 (Dark lenses) – [8-18% transmission] Use: Strong sunshine.
- CAT 4 (Very dark lenses) – [3-8% transmission] Use: Intense sunshine, lenses not to be used on the road, including driving..
Glasses marked CE, according to the European norm, are suitable for a correct eye protection. However, there are cases where additional protection is required.