- UV Protection BS EN ISO 12312-1:2013
- Aviator Metal Frame
- Spring Hinges for comfort and durability
- Scratch-resistant acrylic lenses
- Available in +1.25 to +4.0 strengths in .25 increments
- Available in Gold, Black and Pewter
- Tested to BS EN 14139:2010
Ever popular. Nebraska Black Aviator Bifocal Reading Glasses gives you a fashionable square style aviator in a polished metal frame. The bifocal section allows you to read close work whilst the rest of the lens allows you to view normally. Wear them in conjunction with contacts as well. Remarkable, affordable style.
Bifocals all work in the same way. A small portion in the lower part of the lens contains the power required to correct your near vision. The rest of the lens is for your distance vision.
The lens segment (or “seg”) devoted to near-vision correction can be one of several shapes:
- A half-moon — also called a flat-top, straight-top or D segment
- A round segment
- A narrow rectangular area, known as a ribbon segment
- The full bottom half of a bifocal lens, called the Franklin, Executive or E style
Generally, you look up and through the distance portion of the lens when focusing on points farther away, and you look down and through the bifocal segment of the lens when focusing on reading material or objects within 18 inches of your eyes.